Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Julian Nieh Suddenly Exits Chicago's 'B96'

CHR-Top40 "B96" WBBM-FM, Chicago, morning show co-host Julian Nieh ("Julian On the Radio") says he's leaving the show and the station. In a surprise on-air announcement, Nieh told listeners he wants to pursue other opportunities that he can't go after while he's still on WBBM-FM. Chicagoland Radio and Media reports that although he's now officially off the air, he's parting on good terms with the station, and "will be paid through the completion of his current contract, which expires at the end of this year." Nieh has been with "B96" since the summer of 2006 when he began hosting evenings. He went to mornings in early 2009, teamed with then midday host Jamar "J Niice" McNeil, who, we're told will continue solo in mornings for the foreseeable future. In a statement to CRM Nieh says, "I cannot put into words how I felt when I made this decision but all I can say is I never felt my heart beating so fast in my entire life! If my heart could speak it would say nothing but the best things for CBS Chicago. My PD, Todd Cavanah, Erik Bradley, Rod Zimmerman, the creative brains Mike Horn, and Josh R are all top notch pro's and have been nothing but spectacular to work with these past seven years. Who knows we could reunite again down the road, but I feel I must do this right now for my career." Before Chicago, Nieh, a DC native, spent five years at WIHT-FM, Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment