Friday, February 22, 2013

Afternoon Talker Ralph Bailey Exits Bakersfield's KNZR ..... UPDATE: Confirms Move to KERN-AM

Ralph Bailey

Buckley Talk KNZR-AM/KSMJ-FM, Bakersfield, afternoon host Ralph Bailey has suddenly exited the station. "It was with a heavy heart that I tendered my resignation to Buckley Radio today," says Bailey on his Facebook page. "However, future opportunities and challenges make it virtually impossible not to seek out new adventures. I would like to thank Steve Darnell, Kathy Baker and posthumously Rick Buckley. To my colleagues, I hope I was a team player who made the station and the client top priority and someone who grasped the concept of pulling on one side of the rope. To my sponsors, I hope I played a small role in your success and thank you for your support! And to my listeners, (and you know I'm blubbering like a baby, by now) you gave me a voice in this community! I pray you will travel with me wherever I go!!! Thank you all!! It's been an incredible ride!!!!" New General Manager Mary Lou Gunn tells us, "He was a huge part of the success of the radio station. He will be hard to replace." Reports from the market suggest Bailey plans a move to American General Media's crosstown News Talk KERN-AM.

KNZR Lineup

KERN-AM UPDATE: We now have confirmation that Bailey is indeed crossing the street to KERN-AM, with the announcement that he returns there March 4, to take over afternoons from Scott Cox, who, in turn, returns to mornings on KERN-AM. Bailey made the announcement on Facebook, Friday afternoon. "It is official!!! I signed a contract today to join American General Media. I'll be Scott Cox's guest today at three and begin my own 3-6pm drive time show on Monday, March 4. I could not be happier! I have security in a business that is not that secure and for the first time in my life I'm making a little scratch! I'd like to thank Rogers Brandon and Toni Snyder. It is great to feel wanted and appreciated. Finally, I hope many of you will come with me on this new and exciting adventure. My dear, sainted, widowed mother and Rep. Kevin McCarthy will be my first guests on the NEW Ralph Bailey Show on KERN 1180!!! Ain't life grand!!!!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment